Saturday, March 3, 2012

Product Review :: Shampoo and Conditioner

So I just bought myself a brand new shampoo and conditioner from a brand that I already love and though I would write about my initial feelings toward the new item. I have only used it once, so I will do an update once I have used the product a couple of more times just in case my initial thoughts and feelings change toward it, or stay the same.

Brand :: John Frieda
Product :: Sheer-Blonde
Review :: Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo :: So this shampoo smelt absolutely amazing, until I started to rinse it off. Then it smelt fairly horrible. Its not an unlivable smell, but I wish it was better. I had to use quite a bit before I felt like it spread well enough through my hair and it didn't really suds all that well. I am the type of person who loves a sudsy shampoo, I just don't feel like its cleaning correctly if it doesn't. This shampoo is suppose to lighten my hair and I have fairly dishwater blonde so we will see if in a couple of weeks it lightens it or not. I do not wash my hair everyday because it is bad to use that much chemical on it. But I try to wash every other day and I always condition.
Review :: Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner :: The conditioner didn't really have a smell at all, and it definitely did not spread. I felt like it clung to the initial place that it touched my scalp and my hands felt weird from it, almost sticky but not. There was no suds in this either and since it did not spread I had to use a good glob in my palm. I let it sit for a couple of minutes and when I rinsed my hair felt smooth, which is nice. I liked the way my hair felt afterwards when it was still wet, although I think some of the strands felt sticky, maybe I didn't rinse well enough. Overall I think its an OK conditioner, not my favorite out of all that I have tried.

Once my hair dried it felt very smooth, which I like. The downside to that is I want to touch my hair a lot and that makes it oily faster. I almost always air dry my hair, it takes forever to blow-dry. But it has been about 24 hours since I used the products and I still like the way my hair feels. Its getting a little oily near the roots, but that may just be me and not the fault of the product. I am hoping that it will lighten my hair that way I don't have to pay for a dye job. Anyways, like I said, the initial smell was amazing, then not so great with the rinsing. And it didn't spread well. I will update after I use the product a couple of more times but as of right now I would have to give it three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment