Monday, March 12, 2012

Tattoos and Piercings

So I am the type of chick that loves tattoos and piercings as long as they remain tasteful. I have no tattoos at the moment, but I have several planned for later down the road. I know I want one on my left inner wrist, one on my lower right stomach area, and one on the left shoulder-blade going down my back. The one on my waist I am waiting for after I have kids to do because I don't want it to stretch and warp during pregnancy. The one going down my back is going to be a sort of tribute to my family, like a family tree or something so that also needs to wait until after I have kids. About the only one I could get right now would be the one on my wrist but I am chicken and I know that would hurt like really bad. For piercings I want my belly button done and my nose. I am worried about getting my nose done just because I feel like I blow my nose all the time and that would be bad for having a new piercing, plus I am trying to get in shape, so I really can't do anything that will hinder my working out which I am afraid a belly button piercing would do. I am sure It would all be OK as long as I washed it several times a day, I am just not sure I would be able to do that. But I have wanted my nose pierced for a really long time, so I figure if I do get one done that would be the one to do first since it will probably hurt the worst and its a little cheaper than the belly button. Decisions, decisions. My husband has two tattoos, one on his upper right arm and one on his lower left arm. I love the upper right arm one because its a dragon and it really suits him, the lower left is a band symbol and I am not the biggest fan of that one but he says he likes it so whatever floats his boat. He doesn't have any piercings, and I don't know if he is even going to get any, but I hope not, I am not the biggest fan of piercings on guys. No matter what he will have to wait till he is out of the army to do that. I was debating on a possible tongue piercing for myself as well but I would be way too chicken to ever follow through with that one.

I know to each their own but I really hate it when people get tattoos and you ask them what it was for and they say "I just felt like it." If tattoos are suppose to be a form of self expression and what not, shouldn't something that permanent on your body mean something to you? Piercings can be taken out at any time and leave only a small hole, but tattoos are forever, so if you want one I think you should think about it for a good year or two and if you still want it after that time period go ahead and get it. I feel that way about piercings too. I have wanted the tattoos I have in mind for about a year but I have several years before I would actually get any, so I will be sure they are what I really want. The piercings I have wanted since middle school, so I know I want them and won't regret them. Anyways, that's just my little rant on tattoos and piercings. Totally and 100 percent my own opinion, I know everyone's will differ.

No comments:

Post a Comment